Old October 17th 13, 01:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

Default Wow, Ginger's Needlearts Store has closed!!!!!!

On 10/16/13 7:34 PM, thubten wrote:
On Wed, 16 Oct 2013 17:48:59 -0500, Joan Erickson
wrote:

Go for it, Vic! It sounds like you'd have some ready-made customers.

Years ago I looked into it and back then, about ten years back, it
would cost about 150k to start up a small store. It may not be a good
investment in this economy. I am going to look into it...rents,
spaces, etc.

don't forget to investigate more unusual spaces - a bead store I used to
love (since closed due to reasons other than lack of business) was in an
industrial park. Easy highway access (important), lower rent since it
was leftover space. Place always smelled like bleach since one of the
neighbors was an industrial laundry service but it wasn't unbearable