Old March 31st 10, 05:15 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Chilla

Default Question

William Black wrote:
When you make your long bows, do you coat the staves in anything?

A light coating of linseed oil after they're finished.

I like boiled linseed oil, raw makes wood really dark.

Wonder how that would protect against the taxane(?)

* You get a rash from handling the wood, although I don't (*** side
note: do you get sweaty hands when you work?

Afraid so.

Sweat is corrosive, and a fluid, so dry hands would be better... you use
latex gloves and that will make your hands stinky and pruney.

A barrier cream would probably serve you better.

Do you make the bows for the GP or for re-enactors?

What's your current price, so I can pass on the details.

Regards Charles