Old January 18th 04, 05:51 PM
Karen C - California

In article , Cheryl Isaak
writes:

It's good to hear that the software prevents crossposting.
That's a good thing!

Elizabeth

That is the best thing I have ever heard about AOL!

Cheryl

Not only does it prevent inadvertent crossposting, but if you try to spam
newsgroups, after 20 or so, it won't let you send any more posts.

When we were starting up Craft-Searcher, one of my duties was to post about it
to crafting newsgroups, and I found out real fast that I had to stop every 15
posts or so, and rewrite the "press release" substantially enough to convince
AOL that it was something wholly different than what had been posted to the
previous 15 groups. If I forgot, I was denied access to newsgroups for a few
hours.

Another good thing about AOL is that it seems to catch an awful lot of the
virii before they get in. Some of the ones others have complained about
receiving dozens of times, I've seen all of once. When a new one hits the
airwaves, within an hour AOL's got filters up so I no longer get it after the
first one or two.

--
Finished 12/14/03 -- Mermaid (Dimensions)
WIP: Angel of Autumn, Calif Sampler, Holiday Snowglobe, Guide the Hands (2d

Paralegal - Writer - Editor - Researcher
http://hometown.aol.com/kmc528/KMC.html