Old May 25th 07, 10:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Aaron Lewis

Default LYS - San Francisco?

Try http://www.smileysyarns.com/ - it works better. My nephew (who just
finished a 20-foot long, crocheted dragon) buys stuff from Smiley

Big Sky is right on Mt Diablo BL - 3604 - you can not miss it.

I have not been to Fashion Knit at 1538 Newell in WC.

It is not how many yarns a YS carries, it is whether they have one yarn that
I really like. A couple of pounds of the right yarn will keep me busy for
hundreds of hours, and it does not take a very big shop to have 8 or 9 balls
of yarn in stock.

Aaron

"Melinda Meahan - take out TRASH to reply" wrote in
message ...
Aaron Lewis wrote:
My Raven whispers - "Maybe 13 miles by the Delorme Atlas and Gazetteer."
The highway zig-zags, and the tunnels make it seem even longer.

I see. You are not counting odometer miles on a car. That makes sense.
Mapquest says it's 19.8 miles from right around the BART station to 201
Mission in the Embarcadero.

Big Sky is a scene. Wax your credit cards, and take your knitting. Plan
to spend a few hours there. There is a pizza place next door that is
very good. Again, you will need your credit cards unless your knitting
bag is so stuffed with cash that there is really no room for yarn.

Hmm. Are they on the main drag or on some out-of-the-way back road?

None of which stops me from buying Lion Brand wool and Patons Classic at
Joanne's or Michaels. Last time I was knitting at Big Sky, I was using
Patons Classic that I had bought at deep discount (and removed the yarn
bands). All of the regulars put down their $14/ ball knitting projects
and were OOOing and Aahhing over my little sampler swatch and telling me
how wonderful it was, and asking how I did it.

Well it was Gladys Thompson's stitch patterns knit on # 3 needles. It is
a nice "swatch", but, I bet that there are a dozen knitters in this RCTY
that can do better. So, you can see why I am a bit cynical.

*chuckle* When I was web-hopping, I found a Big Lots! type of yarn store,
or a fabric.com type of yarn store, www.smileyyarns.com, which you might
like to add to your repertoire of web sites as well.

I am not sure where you live, but I think supposedly some yarn store is in
downtown Walnut Creek somewhere, but they don't have a web presence that I
can find. That's practically spitting distance from me, but I haven't
tried to find it yet, because I don't know if it's going to be a hole in
the wall or what.

Thanks.