Old May 4th 08, 02:56 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Peter W.. Rowe,

Default about magnetic polisher

On Sat, 03 May 2008 18:51:02 -0700, in rec.crafts.jewelry
wrote:

yes,I already tried to fix the machine I have now.I took a motor
itself from the machine and contacted the original company in Taiwan.
( by label on motor)

I'd recommend, rather than trying to deal with the motor manufacturer, instead
deal with a Raytech dealer. Getting the motor via Raytech or it's dealers
should avoid many of the problems with ordering it or paying for it by odd
means. Though the dealers will be making some profit on the motor, I'll bet
you save on the various nuisance charges.

Also. these are not highly technical machines needing exact replacements. You
may be able to find an equivalent motor (same RPM, same electrical type, same
power, etc) from other, more easily found manufacturers or dealers. Many
companies sell a variety of motors for use in repairing industrial equipment of
all types, so I'd expect you could find something similar elsewhere.

Look at the McMaster Carr wet site, or MSC supply (both U.S. companies, but
there will be others elsewhere in the world doing the same sort of thing if you
need.

Peter