Old October 17th 04, 07:04 PM
JoyceG in WA

After you have washed and pressed them, linen napkins are wonderful for
embroidery or redwork/bluework. I've been thinking that I might stitch some
together, maybe with some fancy hand-stitching, and make a nice table runner.
I would think you could make a beautiful summer-weight throw or blanket from
them as well, and maybe just stitch in the ditch to keep things together. I've
also seen vintage linen napkins used as a simple valance, folded on the
diagonal over a curtain rod, and overlapped so that you have a row of points.

--JoyceG in WA

Kathy asked:
Hi, I've been lurking for quite a while but I now have a question for
all of you great quilters out there. Today at an auction I bought a
box full of linen napkins, at least 50 of the things, about 6 or so of
each color/design. I'd like to do something quilty with them and
wondered if anyone has used linen for blocks??? Or do you have any
other sugestion for using these???? I got them for $1. I also bought
two boxes of quilt supplies with numerous pattern books and fabric and
swatches in them, each for $2. I think I did quite well, although I
definitely don't need to add to my stash, heehee. Thanks for any help
on the napkins. Kathy