Old September 9th 04, 02:46 AM
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

Oh, I agree completely - and I think she should be specific when listing
components each particular auction - otherwise buyers may feel misled.

B.

"Kathy N-V" wrote in message
. giganews.com...
On Wed, 8 Sep 2004 17:13:38 -0400, Barbara Forbes-Lyons wrote
(in message ):

" All jewelry is handmade by me in my studio in Northern Florida. My

designs
are made using Moretti-Effetre Lampwork beads, Precious and

Semi-precious
gemstones, Sterling Silver, genuine Swarovski Crystals, Czech and German
glass. I use only Sterling Silver components , Gold, or Gold plated

brass
and/or findings. "

A lot of the things I saw were base metal or pewter, not sterling.
She might make the jewelry, but she's not being honest about the
origin of her components. A lot of that stuff is Indian pressed
glass and lampwork. The only stuff that looked like US-made lampwork
was priced a lot higher than anything else.

Kathy N-V