Old February 11th 04, 10:28 PM
Minstrel Pig

Jan,
I used to live in Lake County (in the early '80s), and I have never
heard of anyone being denied insurance. This includes welders with
home-based businesses and blacksmiths...from all corners of the county. Try
asking some of the businesses in and around Lower Lake or on the north shore
to see if they can give you the names of some companies.

Dave

"Jan Clauson" wrote in message
link.net...
Yes, I am in CA - but have moved from Bay Area.

I honestly don't remember her name. The woman I am referring to has
pieces hung in lobbys of some large buildings in the area. If I
remember correctly her husband is an architect.

I do have her name in my notes somewhere, but, I am still moving. I
have been renting temporarily and recently bought a place. It is being
refurbished. I have asthma so won't move in until the dusty work is
done. The notes are all packed away. However, the studio will be the
first thing unpacked - hopefully in a week or two.

Incidentally, I wonder if anyone out there has a suggestion on
homeowners insurance. The place I bought is a trailer on a permanent
foundation on a city lot (50' x 100') with a wonderful workroom
attached. This is standard construction for this area (Lake County,
California). It is in an unincorporated area. The community is so
small, they don't even have home mail delivery. You have to rent a PO
box. I am unable to find anyone who will insure it. One company said
they would, but not with a kiln on the premises. That's just not an

option.

Jan C.