Old February 18th 07, 01:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
DAB

Default Good Morning Sunady again [ they do come quickly ]

Bernadette wrote:
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:

Good morning All on this [rather cloudy here] Sunday. May the rain
fall all day !!!! we need it .
The clouds outside look more like tangled threads, maybe the great
knitter in the sky let her stash fall down ,,,,,,:::
I have finnished several projects that were around [ and some that
were started only recently ., for both my Young adult Children and
me,

Hats , moebiouses , mittens, wrist warmers , as well as finding a
shawl i nevere finnished [ i am ashamed ,,,, it was pushed into some
thing under something ,,,, you know.....] Shawl was made like the
Zimmerman , Pie are Squaew shawl ,,, but being me , i rtaher start at
the wider side of things , thus strated widely and than started to
improovise , also i didn`t think i had enough wool [ soft camel], of
one dye thus combines stripes of another lighter color , which is ok
,,,, somehow life , other more needed things were put in lifht and i
forgot / hid away that shawl ,,,, a day or two i took it out of it`s
bag ,,, tes it is time to look at it again and finnish it ,, of
course having improovised i have to count and measure to see at
which level i really am ,, also in the men time a friend knitted me
a yellow shawl ,, hence i might not really need a camel one ,,,, but
i am already half way , thus it shgould be finnished and if i won`t
wear it i might find the right person to give this as a present ....
This are Good troubles .
I also finnished embroidered parts of an art project i do ,,,, It is
good to be working in many levels ,,,
good Day to all ...
mirjam

Good day to you Mirjam, I wish you a joyful one. Today we have winter
sunshine and frost on the garden where the shadows lie - cold and
pretty.

I too have had a busy few days. Firstly, I did research on the web
and found various pages (with diagrams and pictures) of moebius
projects at different stages od completion. Then I researched some
more about different methods of cast on, then I got to the "knit it
and try it out" stage. I have had so much fun doing all this and am
now part way through my first moebious project. :-)

Mirjam, thank you so much for your encouragement without which I
probably would not have tried. Thank you also to Aud - seeing the
lovely shawl you made also gave me the confidence to try.

Eventually I decided to make up my own pattern for a scarf and hood
combined which would be useful to me. It is being worked in a lace
stitch, on 4mm needles and with a cream coloured yarn made of 70%
acrylic and 30% kid mohair - very soft and fluffy, (I am allergic to
wool). I found that the cast on with a crochet hook was easiest
(having tried the one with waste yarn). Having made a swatch the size
and tension should be all right.

The jumper I started before I went into hospital has been put aside
for the moment. Oh, happy days!

All the best
Bernadette

Wow you 2 girls put me to shame......I have a baby hat half done and decided
a few days ago to try the Heartbreakingly Cute Baby Kimono in the
Mason-Dixon Knitting Book....so far I am finished with the
bottom....increased for the sleeves and working one of the neck
edges......at first the directions made no sense [knit 34 sts and bind off
25 and knit to end] so I did what I do with senseless crochet patterns and
just went step by stepG not reading ahead and now it makes sense. I am
hoping to give the finished hat and kimono as gifts.

Donna