Old January 12th 04, 07:08 PM
PaulaB

How wonderful that you could save at least part of it! I would love
to see yours! Paula B.

I love that series -- brings back some memories. It was the first project I
did with such dense stitching. I stitched the right and left parts in the
beginning of 1988, and was halfway through the larger middle piece when my
apartment building burned down. The finished pieces were deep in a pile of
stash fabric and WIPs (WsIP? what's the proper plural?) and thus were
salvageable after a few washes and trimming of damaged fabric. The
unfinished piece was in the living room, which was a total loss. It took me
a year to get back the nerve to start the middle piece over, but I did. If
you look carefully at the framed pieces now, the middle is a lighter
background color and brighter colors. Makes a great conversation piece!

Penny