Old January 30th 04, 03:32 AM
Mike Firth

Default Source of small glass furnace in UK?

Well, I tried to reply off line, but IE makes it so difficult to get rid
of your NO SPAM, I gave up.
You will have difficulty finding a way to work that small a quantity,
especially if you literally want to melt from a batch recipe rather than
cullet. A kilogram (2.2 pounds) is under half a liter volume. You might
wish to look at small foundry furnaces or small cone 10 pottery kilns.

--
Mike Firth
Hot Glass Bits Furnace Working Website
"Lloyd" wrote in message

Anyone know where I can buy a small glass furnace in the
UK. I want to melt batches of about 1kg or so. Thanks.