Old June 1st 10, 05:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Olwyn.Mary

Default Waaay OT but fun news!

Joan E. wrote:

So Joan, are you Grandma or Nana, or what? I know this spoiled beauty is
going to adore you and she needs to call you something.

I was talking about this with Sheena last week. I think I want to be
called Grandmama. I don't want to be Grandma Erickson (that's my
Ddeparted MIL), I heartily dislike Nana, and my mom is Grandma (or
Great Grandma). I'm guessing Dani's mom will be Grandma, but I
haven't asked her.

Ask first!~ You never know. My grandmother insisted on being "Mama",
because she thought she was too young to be a grandma, and one of her
nieces, instructed to call her GM (my ggm)"grandmama" couldn't get her
tongue around it, so shortened it to "mama". Result - when my bros and
I got to be teenagers we just addressed gm as "Nellie" (her name).

I am grandma to my dd's kids, but in the neighborhood the little kids
couldn't pronounce my name properly, so I became "Grandma Olwyn". When
ds had kids, his mil, who lives close by, became "grandma", so I just
stuck with Grandma Olwyn.

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans