Old July 25th 05, 11:15 PM
AliceW

Default Timing is everything - and a good thing!

As you may have read, I came home early today to greet the cable guy since
my internet service went into hiding during the hot weather. Well, he came,
he fixed, he left. Bad cable replaced, net back up and faster than ever.
Laptop for DD and desktop for DH both working - both happy campers.

So, I was home at 4pm instead of my usual 7pm. After the cable guy left, I
sat at the kitchen table talking to my DD about her pending house closing.
The baby was playing on the kitchen floor with a measuring cup. Then, all
at once, he stood up without holding onto anything and just stood there
holding the measuring cup. He's never done this before. He has always
crawled to something (or someone) to pull himself up. I was speechless!

Then he wanted to hand the measuring cup to me, but before I could get up to
get it from him, he walked about 6 steps to me - WALKED TO ME - ME,
GRANDMUM! My daughter and I almost scared him with our shouts of joy. I
never would have gotten to see his first steps if the cable had not gone
out. Timing is indeed everything. No matter how bad things could get for
me, I will never forget the site of him walking for the first time!

BTW - he will celebrate his first birthday on August 4th. Where did THAT
year go? Excuse me now, I have to go find a tissue..........

--
Alice in NJ, Royal Cybrarian
http://www.ourcyberfamily.us/