Old September 6th 04, 02:15 AM
Slgraber

the remote pedal is nice - compared to the regular shimpos with the pedal stuck
on the side of the wheel. if/when you start throwing larger stuff it's nice to
stand up and throw from other positions. that pedal stick on the regular
shimpos just doesn't always work right when throwing taller stuff. i find the
foot faster for speed adjustments.

shimpos in general are good wheels. the weights they refer to are useful from
a comparison point of view ~ much like car gas mileage.

the only "con" i can see with a shimpo is it isn't a Brent.

see ya

steve

Subject: wheel advice
From: (alistair)
Date: 9/5/2004 12:52 PM Pacific Daylight Time
hello,
I'm thinking of buying a shimpo RK10 with remote pedal. Can anyone
fill me in with pro's or cons of this machine?
How is it from stationary to very slow speeds?
Does the fact that the pedal is remote, change in any way the
performance?
what is the drive system?
it says in the brochure that you can throw up to 15-18 kg, is this
realistic?
Many thanks in advance for any advice anyone has for me.
Best wishes, alistair.

steve graber