Old December 14th 03, 10:23 PM
Janise Ross

Thank you for sharing this, Ria. I am so glad that you and Mirjam were
finally able to hook up and had a good day together!

Janise

"Ria Van de Velde" wrote in message
As you all know Mirjam is visiting her father, so this is an
opportunity for me to meet her. We made an appointment to meet in
Brussels on Friday. There seems to be a spell on our meetings,
because every time there is something that goes wrong. This time it
was not the museum that was closed (happened two times), but now the
busses and subway had a strike. That was not a problem to me, I took
the train, but mirjam had to take the subway and she didn't know about
the strike and she had to take a taxi to arrive in Brussels. To make
things worse she did not have the number of my mobile phone, and I had
not seen the little note with her number, my dd left on the table. So
no way to communicate. All I could do was wait at the station until
she showed. And she did, and that is what counts.

We visited two exibitions, both in progam of Europalia Italia.
This is the website, bt i am afraid it is not available in english.
http://www.bozar.be/nl/expo_home.asp
The first one was a picture of the renaissance in Italy, and the
history of the family d'Este in Ferrara, Italy. The second one was
about the Venus of Urbino by Titian, this was an excibition based on a
concept of Umberto Eco, and it shows all the aspects of this one
painting, the history, the colors, the clothes ( well, yes, in the
backgrond there ARE clothes), the building, the animals, and lots of
similar paintings.

We had a wonderful day, and on top of that she gave me a beautiful
silk scarf, and a book, and a poster of jerusalem for my son. I made
her Belgian waffles. I used the recipe of my GDM, that I will post
separately. I hope she enjoyed them, and I hope she had not too many
problems to get home again.

Ria

With love from belgium
Ria