Old September 26th 04, 02:55 PM
Trish Brown

Default Anyone heard of a string bag?

Does anyone remember the dear old string bag their Nanna used to take to
the shops? Our supermarket is selling cheap canvas shopping bags in the
hope of replacing the disposable plastic ones, but I thought I'd rather
make a couple of the old fashioned string bags, which expanded
beautifully to contain a pumpkin, a few bottles of milk or miscellaneous
oddly-shaped grocery items. In fact, it was All the Go to carry your
netball to school in one when I was a child...

Anyway, if anyone could point me toward a crochet pattern for a string
bag, I'd be eternally grateful! I've Googled, but the ones I cropped up
with are either netted (haven't got a netting needle) or knitted (can't
knit to save me life!)

TIA,

--
Trish {|:-} Newcastle, NSW, Australia