Old July 19th 03, 07:28 PM
taria

Actually the light in the ceiling is more a dated thing
then regional. I grew up in houses that has a light
in the center ceiling. (40-60's houses). The house
my folks live in and my 'newer' houses have all had
the half hot outlet for lights plugged in. Now there
is lots of canned lighting so maybe we'll see more
wall switches again? We have put ceiling fans with
lights in our houses (with wall switches) and they
are great.
Taria

"Dr. Quilter" wrote:

no, I can understand that! back home, all the baths and sometimes the
kitchens have drains and slightly slanted floors. believe me, it is a
pleasure to clean a room with lots of water than then goes away and
doesn't need to be moped up! no stray hairs, everything dissapears
magically down the drain. that is one thing it took me some time to get
used to, together with the lack of bidets and some apartments here that
don't have a ceiling light fixture but where the switch by the door
turns on an outlet.... subtle cultural differences... )

Kathy Applebaum wrote:
Don't tell my DH -- this would be his dream room! He has *always* wanted
a room in the house with a drain in the floor. Man, his childhood must
really have been messed up! LOL

--
Dr. Quilter
Ambassador of Extraordinary Aliens