Old December 31st 10, 12:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
AuntK

Default OT ? ebooks, nooks, kindles et al

On Dec 30, 11:14*pm, "Polly Esther" wrote:
I used to have a sign in my office that said, in part, "We have studied the
question and have come up with questions at a higher level."
* * Me too.
* * I imagine I would like to have one of those. *But there are so many
questions to consider. *Such as, if I have a book on mine and want to share
it with my sister, can I?
* * Will my 'book' *communicate with our public library? *How in the Sam
Hill do you return a copy when the time's up?
* * I see that some of them come with ear pod somethings. *Why would I need
them to read a book?
* * Just a personal problem, I expect, but I borrowed one from a friend, a
much older model ( the book, not the friend). *I thought it was dim, slow
and heavy.
* * Are some models easier on old eyes? *Are some easier for old brains?
* * Do you have one and have a ' I wish I could' list? *Do you tolerate it
or love it? * Polly

Polly, sorry I don't have one but my SIL recently got the Kindle from
Amazon as well and loves it. Tons of free titles. FWIW she joined
some online discussion groups prior to purchase to see what would work
for her. If you're interested I can get that info for you. Avid
doesn't even come close to describing her reading habits and I agree
that it will make her life considerably easier travelling with reading
material. I looked at it as well but was looking for something that I
could read in bed at night without the aid of glasses. And even with
the font sizes available, I still would need glasses so it lost some
of it's appeal for me personally.

Kim in NJ