Old December 31st 10, 07:46 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Steven Cook

Default OT ? ebooks, nooks, kindles et al

My sister just got a Nook for Christmas, and I echo much of what Kate has
said. I have a really old, about 7 or 8 year old, eBookwise, and while I
love it, it is heavy and I would probably go with a Nook now as well.

http://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Main_Page

I also sent my sister the link above. There are over 33,000 free books. It
is a project of already digitized books, and others typed in by volunteers.
The formats available for download support a very wide variety of devices.
I really like this site because as someone who has never read many of the
classics, as they were out of favor in English classes in the late 70's when
I was in high school and then college, I can now get them for free and read
them.

Kate, Polly, that is what I love about having a device such as this. When I
travel, or even just about town when I know that I am going to have to sit
for a while, I can take this and have something to read, and if I don't like
it, I just switch to a different title.

Steven
Alaska

"Polly Esther" wrote in message
I used to have a sign in my office that said, in part, "We have studied the
question and have come up with questions at a higher level."
Me too.
I imagine I would like to have one of those. But there are so many
questions to consider. Such as, if I have a book on mine and want to
share it with my sister, can I?
Will my 'book' communicate with our public library? How in the Sam
Hill do you return a copy when the time's up?
I see that some of them come with ear pod somethings. Why would I need
them to read a book?
Just a personal problem, I expect, but I borrowed one from a friend, a
much older model ( the book, not the friend). I thought it was dim, slow
and heavy.
Are some models easier on old eyes? Are some easier for old brains?
Do you have one and have a ' I wish I could' list? Do you tolerate it
or love it? Polly