Old October 9th 07, 07:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.pottery
DKat

Default Chemistry basics for potters?

I'm real confused (again) - you just go to goggle to get a gmail account
don't you? Or are you referring to belonging to a group?

I tried having clayart emailed to me and was soon so overwhelmed with emails
that I just gave up on it. Clayart does have some mapping to threads but
they are frequently broken off depending on how people answer the posts. So
you can have dozens of threads with the exact same title. Since Clayart is
a list and not a group it behaves in a very different and archaic way than
what you now find in newsgroups.

"Dewitt" wrote in message
On Tue, 9 Oct 2007 12:06:42 -0400, "DKat"
wrote:

P.S. I also like this room better because you are more likely to get a
response (even if it is maybe more likely not to be corrected if it is
wrong) and you can easily follow threads. I hate the inability to keep a
thread together in Clayart.

I have my Clayart email, as well as most my other email lists, sent to
my gmail (google email) account. gmail automatically threads
conversations. I simply filter my different email lists into separate
folders. Oh, and gmail is free.

If anyone wants an invitation to get a gmail account, send my private
email and I'll send you one. Posting such a request to the group,
however, will get you scorn and ridicule. :-)

deg