Old June 19th 04, 05:13 PM
Cheryl Isaak

On 6/19/04 11:51 AM, in article , "Liz
Hampton" wrote:

Dang! I sure wish our satellite dish worked (hasn't for about 5
years--it just takes up space in the yard). Don't suggest cable; we
live in the country and we'll *never* get cable out there.

--
Joan

I heard of someone who set their old dish in the ground, filled it up and
used it as a sort of raised bed. At least that way you would get
something out of it. :-)
Liz from Humbug

I've seen that one done - it was sort of a "sunken garden" about the ground;
they set the dish on the ground and had stairs to climb up the side. I think
there was even a water fall or a brook. (this was one of the those huge
dishes - 30 foot or more!)

And there was the one a la the tipped over bucket.

If I can remember the site with "tacky" garden art, I'll post it.

Cheryl