Old January 26th 08, 05:40 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Reunite Gondwanaland (Mary Shafer)

Default HELP if you can!

On 21 Jan 2008 23:10:19 GMT,
(sueimpe) wrote:

I'm new at this (duh), and I'm trying a simple cable on an afghan. Simple
pattern, only 10 rows. Here goes.

Rows 1,3 and 5: knit (I can do that!)
Rows 2 and 4:P3, k2, *p5, k2; rep from * across, end last rep p3 (I can do
that too!)
Rows 6 and 8: [K2,sl 1] twice, *k3, sl 1, k2, sl 1;rep from * across, end
last rep k2. ( I can even do this, no prob)
Row 7: P2, sl 1, k2

WAIT!! When do I bring the yarn back for the next knit stitch? After the
purl, or after the slip?

It depends on which is the right side. You want the yarn on the wrong
side, behind the slipped stitch on the right side. If row 7 is a
right-side row, take it to the back after the purl and before the
slip. If it's a wrong-side row, take it to the back after the slip
and before the knit.

Or do it however you think it looks best, if it's a reversible afghan
and both sides are sort of the right side. Just do it the way every
time. Consistancy makes things look right.

Mary "Although no one but you may ever notice"
We didn't just do weird stuff at Dryden, we wrote reports about it.
or
Visit my blog at
http://thedigitalknitter.blogspot.com/