Old September 21st 05, 10:11 PM
Sherry Starr

I agree about the physical therapy. I had 6 weeks after each surgery. Try
to keep your spirits up. I know how it is to be in pain. My stomach can't
handle any NSAID's or pain medication. I do good to take 200MG of Ibuprofen
twice a day for 2 or 3 days without stomach problems. I'm at the point
where I would welcome knee replacements. Please let us know what he says
tomorrow.

Sherry Starr

"pami" wrote in message
Okay...I want everybody to be honest. I just had knee surgery and it
wasn't a replacement but I am not healing well at all. I had a torn
Menicus as well as Arthitis with Chondromalcia.. I still can't put full
weight on my left leg and still in pain on Percocet after 3 weeks to the
date. My doctor told me it was bad when he went in to repair the grade 3
tear. I know my next option is a knee replacement and I am only 50.
Tomorrow I will see the doctor again and I have to be upfront. I think
his surgery failed and I am not getting better but worse.

Please let me know if any of you have head a knee replacement and what am
I up against. I would hope to feel better than I do now. I can't live in
this bone on bone pain. I am sitting down now....comfortable but when I
go to get up...I can't even bear weight on the left leg and my right leg
is so tired. I have a walker as well as a cane but miss walking using
both feet! I have that cyro-cuff I borrowed form my neighbor who had
surgery. The ice helps some. My doctor hasn't ordered me any physical
therapy as of yet. I do have a hot tub on my deck that I can't get in
yet. My husband ordered the steps for it. After 3 weeks+ of pain I am
feeling hopeless and wonder if the replacement would be the answer? How
long does a replacement last?

I did receive some fabric in the mail the other day and I wanted so much
to get my rotary cutter out and cut but couldn't stand long enough so for
now I will just build my stash.

Pami