Old September 21st 05, 04:16 PM
Denise Jameson

I have had EXACTLY that same surgery Pami (torn meniscus and really
bad arthritis - where the surgeon 'scraped' clean and smoothed out the
rough spots on those bones), approx. 5 years ago now and I too thought
the surgery had failed. I was also told that I was a canditate for
knee replacement (in the future), and I was 53 at the time of the
surgery.

Do be patient; I have to admit the pain VERY slowly subsided.....and
it took about six months!!! but it feels fine now. I find it quite
strange that your doctor didn't recommend physio therapy for you
immediately following the surgery. Mine did...(three times a week,
for six weeks).

I don't know if it helps or not....but I take Glucosamine/Chondroitin
and have for many years even before this knee problem. It is supposed
to help rebuild the cartilage that wears away. For me to know if it
works or not, I'd have to stop taking it...and I don't wanna do that.
The knee feels good now and I want to keep it that way.

Hang in there.....and I know it's hard to be patient when you're in
pain, but carry on with your pain meds and expect pain for quite some
time yet. :-( Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but it will get
better in time. I know...it's never soon enough! ;-)

Denise in Ontario, Canada