Old October 8th 05, 06:52 PM
Shillelagh

" Christine in Kent, Garden of England"
wrote in message
Yes that's how we say it, and actually we don't put an *extra* "i" in the
word, we just pronounce all the letters that are there. Aren't all our
differences what make the world a more interesting place?
Love Christine

Okay I gotta ask this - if I'm understanding you correctly - you say
AL-YOU-MIN-EE-UM??? The word is spelled A-L-U-M-I-N-U-M. As a Canadian,
I learned to pronounce it A-LOOM-IN-UM. We are also pronouncing all the
letters that are there, without the EE, which is the non existant "i".
Scratching my head. Can you help me understand? (laugh)

Shelagh