Old September 23rd 03, 05:38 AM
Lula

Happy Birthday Marg!
Thanks for the account of your special day at the needlework shop, I
enjoyed reading all the fun details!

I met Nan & husband several years ago at the trade shows and know her
lovely work so can understand why she's one of your favorite designers.

You definitely had a great birthday celebration! Now you can look
forward to next year's birthday!

Too bad about the case of shingles your husband contracted.....I
empathize as Roger also went through a bout with shingles a few years
ago......fortunately, it didn't leave any lasting harm despite the
sores and discomfort.
---
Lula
http://www.woolydream.com
Needlework Adventures

Bob & Marg Whittleton wrote:

Well, folks, I guess turning 55 isn't so bad. I had a great birthday
yesterday. A month or so ago, my LNS The Sampler, announced they would
be having a special 20th anniversary stitching workshop on September 20.
The day long workshop featured a couple of my favourite designers, and I
jumped at the chance to sign up. Nan Caldera (Just Nan) and Charland
Garvin taught the classes.

We started with a meet and greet Friday night where the designers kindly
autographed pieces of theirs which I had stitched, and then on to
Saturday where we spent the day working on three different projects.
Nan's project was a lovely ornament called "Special Delivery" which she
customized just for The Sampler, and Charland had a sweet needlecase
stitched on banded linen. The owner of the shop, Tatiana, also taught a
small scissors weight project. The day included door prizes (I won the
first one), continental breakfast and lunch.

Oh yah - the S.E.X.? I spent (or would have had I not had shop credit
from the models I stitch, and a 20% discount) over $175 (including tax)
for just two patterns. Well to be exact, two patterns plus the fibers
which are all silks and metallics. One by Charland is a large sampler
based on the life of Elizabeth I , (unfortunately, she doesn't have a
picture up on her website yet) and the second is one is Just Nan's
"Common Ground" (well, I actually didn't get all the fibers for that
since I have a full set of Splendor silks which I will use.)
http://www.justnan.com/jn102.html

When I got home, there was a big bouquet of flowers from my DH, who also
took me out to dinner, and then yesterday we went to my sister's place
for a family birthday party.

I think I'll just go and fondle the silk threads for awhile G

Marg