Old October 17th 08, 08:27 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.machine-knit
steelbreeze

Default Yarn source

On Oct 15, 11:00*pm, Laura of San Diego wrote:
Hi. *I'm just getting started with machine knitting. *I've done hand
knitting for a long time and wanted to expand my horizons. *I have a
standard gauge Brother KnitKing and a little yarn. *I'm looking for
websites where I can get more yarn to work with. *My local yarn shops
carry mostly balls and hanks. *My teacher suggests that I get cones.
I would appreciate any help.

Laura

Ebay is a great source of coned yarn if you want it cheap to practice
with! I can't really help you as I am in the UK. Good luck!

PS sock yarn eg Regia, Opal, works great on the std km - I wind it
into a centre-pull ball first, though.