Old December 14th 09, 02:28 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
SpikeDriver

Default meeting an old sweater

Mirjam,

Thanks for sharing that with us.

So many people have asked, "Why do you take so long to knit something
that takes so long, when you can go to the store and get it in a couple
of minutes".

Your story gives on of the many reasons why we all love to spend our
time at one of our great hobbies.

Thanks for sharing such a great experience that we can easily understand
as fiber artist.

Dennis

On 12/13/2009 2:39 PM, mirjam wrote:
Before my late mother died , about 18 years ago she knitted a friend
of her`s a sweater , about 2 years ago i met the sweater = i mean i
met a woman , who wore that sweater , but she wasn`t my mother` s
friend .. but her family name was the same. It turned out she was the
daughter in law of my mother friend who also dies by that time.
Last week i met the sweater again , this time a young unknown woman
was wearing it ... i probed and yes she was the great daughter of the
woman who recieved it ..
I thought how nice it was the sweater still warms people so many years
after my mother died,
mirjam