Old May 8th 07, 05:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
fiberlicious

Default Name that fleece

On May 7, 3:26 am, Vintage Purls wrote:
Hi all,

You excellent advice is sought. I bought (via online auction) what I
thought was a kilo of merino (that's what they called it in the
auction description). It arrived today and it's most certainly not
merino. I suspect it's English Leicester but I thought I ask you to
try identifying it.

See photos hehttp://www.vintagepurls.net.nz/mysteryFleece.html

The staple is about 8 inches long.

It's attractive fleece and I'm not sure I want to part with it, but
it's not what I expected to buy so words will be had with the seller.

VP

Looks to me like the seller didn't know the difference between merino
and mohair. How does it feel?