Old February 13th 04, 05:21 PM
Kaytee

In article , "starlia"
writes:

I'm going to ask my friend's mother if she'll
bring one back or have one sent to me when she returns to Japan.

The real ones are very heavy, and back in 1990 were running about $600 for the
"antiques" (pre-WWII) that were being brought back from Korea. Mind you, this
was through the military wives' clubs and/or the PX, so most were being shipped
to Okinawa via military transport at very low cost, and there were no import
duties or taxes on them. The ones in need of a lot of refinishing were about
$300-400. The flimsy reproductions were about $200, and were a lot lighter.

Kaytee
"Simplexities" on
www.eclecticbeadery.com