Old December 13th 03, 11:54 PM
Noreen's Knit*che

On Sat, 13 Dec 2003 15:42:36 -0800, wrote:

Can anyone suggest where I might find, on the net, and for free,
photos that show left handed crochet for beginners? I did download a
set of pictures showing the hook and stitch, but for some reason, my
niece cannot follow it and needs a picture that shows the actual hand
or hand position.

Any help would be so greatly appreciated.
With thanks,
LR

Hi LR!
First, at the moment, I can't help you find what you're looking for, I'm
swamped!!
BUT! I wanted to tell you two things... I happen to be left handed, but I
knit, crochet and tat right handed... Lefties tend to be more ambidextrous
than righties... so this might be an option for your niece.
IF she is hopelessly clutzy with the right hand, you could do what one of
my Aunts did to teach her daughter, MIRROR learning.... instead of sitting
next to or behind your niece to teach, sit across from her, facing her, and
have her mimic YOUR movements.
Hope this helps,
Noreen
BTW, welcome to the group!