Old July 27th 17, 03:38 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Violet Stitches

Default New stash!

I'm usually just a one-at-a-time stitcher but I currently have 1
knitting and 1 cs project going (and some crocheted crosses that I do
only occasionally).

Oh my gosh, you're a monogamous stitcher! A long time ago I used to be one of those, where'd I'd only have one project of a specific type going at a time. Sometimes though I'd get bored with the project or hit a snag, and not stitch for a few weeks or months trying to avoid it. It honestly never occurred to me I could have multiple WIPS. Then several years ago I found Connie's blog (The Spinster Stitcher) and was blown away by how she would work on whatever project she felt like. Boom! I became a polygamous stitcher and have never looked back. Joan, you're the only other monogamous stitcher I've known.

One thing I've done to cut down on space is to not store threads anymore...I just buy what I need at the time for each project and then get rid of the leftovers. I'm always afraid I'm going to run out of the old half-used skeins in the middle of a project and not get a good color match with a new skein. So now I throw out threads after a project is finished and it saves much space. The only problem; I miss seeing all those beautiful threads and petting them for creative inspiration.

It sounds like you have your stash super-organized Joan...I'm impressed! My stash/kits/fabric/notions are in a three drawer plastic bin thing, but I can't say there's too much organization. Having folders for pattern themes sounds like a really good idea and I'm going to consider implementing something like this. That way I don't have to dig through all the drawers to find what I want.