Old June 22nd 04, 05:26 AM
Kalera Stratton

It is probably made from a heavy-metal bearing glass that was subjected
to an oxygen-deprived environment (reduced) while still hot enough for
the metals to come to the surface and leave a semi-permanent luster. Try
soaking it overnight in Coke (regular, not diet) and see if that removes it.

-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.snipurl.com/kebay

Wendy wrote:
I have some plain glass 'gem' beads that have a rainbow/mirror finish on
them. Cheap beads really, but I was wondering how to remove the rainbow
finish off the beads. I saw a project in the Michaels Project book to make
magnets with decoupage (sp?). I wanted to use these beads because they are
really a nice size but you can't see through the rainbow finish very well.

Thanks so much everyone!

Wendy
real email is maeven68 at bellsouth DOT net