Old October 13th 05, 06:29 PM
Patti

Glad you're feeling on the way now, Debra.
I think 'stone wheel' (in any orientation) might be something even
Google Images couldn't help with g

In message , Debra
writes
On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 08:41:22 +0100, Patti
wrote:

Well, I don't feel so alone now. Both you and Marlys were on this
news group long before I, so I know it's possible to be a quilter in
spite of the quilt deafness.
Yes, that's how I felt too.
No problem there. I'm using off white thread for quilting so it's
visible no matter where I quilt. I like the look of white or off
white quilting lines. The only quilt I'm planning to match thread and
fabric color is one that will have a star field on the backing and I
plan to use black for the bobbin thread and something else for the top
thread so the star field isn't spoiled by quilting lines.
After sleeping on it, I like the wheels best too. They should be easy
and fast to quilt. I'm thinking of the same type of wheel as the one
so often seen in the B. C. comic strip, or scanning and enlarging one
of the wheels on the print. I think they would have an outline
obviously wobbly enough to look intentional. I hadn't thought of
using varying sizes or multiple wheels per block. I'll have to ponder
about those options for awhile.
The funny thing is that I would have never thought about the wheels if
I hadn't been writing a reply to Marlys. Whenever I looked at the
print I saw the trikes and wagons, but not really noticing the wheels
themselves. I wasn't looking at the print while writing, so I thought
"wheeled riding toys" and Bingo, the lightbulb moment.
Perhaps we are not quilt deaf. We simply need some sort of sounding
board, and to see our thoughts in print rather than just floating
around in our heads. At any rate, we three supposedly quilt deaf
people have a brilliant quilting motif idea as a result.
Thank you Marlys for helping me get the idea . I wouldn't have it
without you. And thank you too, Patti, for liking the idea and also
helping to make it more concrete. I hope I can help you two when you
need a hand. Thanks again! I've got to get to work drafting some
three quarter views of stone wheels now!
Debra in VA
See my quilts at

Best Regards
pat on the hill