Old September 20th 09, 04:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Cheryl Isaak

Default Naming is the game, and I suck at it.

On 9/19/09 10:17 PM, in article ,
"Sterling" wrote:

Does anyone else have a hard time coming up with names to call their jewelry
pieces?
I do, and I don't know why. Sometimes the name just comes to you, but most
times I am at a loss.
I can sit here for hours and never come up with a name to call this stuff.
What the hell is wrong
with me?

I started a word document where I list name, terms, sayings, and anything that
strikes me as a
potential name for some jewelry piece - the right piece. I just started to do
this because I find
it SOOOOOOOOO hard to think of names for my pieces right when I need it.
That's helped, but I am
still having a hard time of it.

Does anyone else have this problem? What do you all do to name your jewelry
pieces?

Sterling

Well, as far as a source for names - check out some of the wacky names some
of the daylily hybridizers come up with like (Spacecoast) Gator Eye. Or
floss colors.

But - while I understand the impulse to name, I don't think I've named any
piece I've made. I will make notes under heading like "lanyard for Ellen"
with colors and wire type and such.

Cheryl