Old October 3rd 06, 06:03 AM posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Russell Andavall

Default ^10 - light reduction glazes

5string wrote:
I recently switched studios from one that did ^10 heavy-reduction to one
that does ^10 light-reduction. I tried a bunch of test tiles using glazes
from my previous studio (i.e., heavy reduction) and the results were (not
unexpectantly) disappointing. So..., any suggestions for some ^10 glazes
that do well with light reduction? Thanks.

Rick

You might try introducing some silicon carbide triple fine grain to the
glaze for local reduction... This stuff is very reactive and heavy.. so
use only a small percent (1/4 % to 1%) and mix the glaze very well and
use it immediately...
Russ Andavall