Old January 17th 05, 07:38 PM

One reason for the previous post was that the other day I pulled the last
skein of a batch of very nice wool yarn that I had dyed last spring out of
the plastic tub were it had sat for 9 months, and found that it was terribly
moth eaten. It is not that bad, because I was just planning to make a hat to
match the sweater, but if it had been the last skein to finish the sweater,
I would have been real unhappy.

Another reason was: So I made a hat from some Lopi that I bought on eBay a
long time ago. I wore the hat for a day or two and then washed it. As
soon as it was wet, it smelled like a barn! Not a nice lamby smell, but a
real barn smell. By the time the barn smell was gone, the hat was properly
fuzzy and felted. And, it had changed color, from a tan & gray to a white
and gray. G I decided that odds and ends of yarn may not be all that
clean.

All of a sudden I am not so happy with my plastic tubs and bins.

Time for a cedar and lavender orgy. Time for yarn containers that really
seal.

One approach that I am working on involves putting all the yarn for a single
project into a clear plastic grabage bag with a sachet of cedar/lavender,
then sucking the air out with a vacume cleaner, and closing the bag tightly.
This reduces the volume somewhat and should keep bugs out. I know there are
commercial bags for this, but I am not sure that they are worth the price.

Aaron

wrote in message
om...
We had a very good thread on storing needles.

So how do people deal with those little balls of yarn left over from a
project? How do you store them?
snip