Old September 11th 10, 04:36 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sherry

Default quilter dilemma

On Sep 10, 6:40*pm, "Taria" wrote:
On the blog here for Sept. 9:http://sisterschoice.typepad.com/sisters_choice_quilts/

What a bad situation. *I am glad I don't send my quilts out but for those
that do communication is a big deal.
Taria

I picked up a quilt once where I had instructed the quilter to use
Quilters Dream
poly as I had my heart set on a puffy quilt. I got it back and it was
the very flattest
of the cotton battings. Otherwise the quilting was absolutely stellar.
I blamed
myself because I gave verbal instructions and did not write down/pin
to the quilt
what I wanted. I never mentioned it to the quilter. So, it depends I
think upon
how clearly she instructed the quilter. You can never have too many
notes
pinned to a quilt. :-)

Second boo-boo, though, I still chew on wondering what went wrong. The
backing had a seam. I wanted the seam to NOT be up-and-down the
length of the quilt. I wanted it to be side-to-side. So I wrote the
instructions:
"Seam is horizontal, please" Which TO ME, meant: when you look at the
quilt as if on the bed, the seam is....a horizontal line. She got it
wrong.
The seam was vertical, up and down. I still wonder how I should have
said it.

Sherry