Old September 26th 07, 11:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

Default A rude awakening

I was at the local Joann's today and picked up some poly sulky and also
some machine embroidery C&C in poly. I noticed there was some new types
of C&C that I didn't recognize. I found what I was looking for and
didn't really look beyond that. I did notice Gutterman was 40% off.
Maybe they are enticing us to buying the Gutterman and not notice
tha C&C change? I don't generally buy thread at Joann's so I really
don't know just exactly what they have changed. I was happy they had
what I was looking for and the line not long.
I used to be able get cotton C&C at Walmart. Wonder if they are
changing over? I don't really get in there much. I went from Walmart
being the only store nearby to a Walmart that is not worth going into
when we moved.
Find a good mail order source. Swearing off Joann's not a bad thing.
DMC thread is hard to find but pretty good stuff. You might want to
try them out.
http://www.atozdesigns.net/
Ann, that is the a to z is the gal, that started my guild years ago.
SHe since has moved but she knows all about thread.
Taria

John wrote:
I just got back from Joann's to buy some patterns and other notions.
One of the things I needed was some Coats and Clark Cotton thread of a
certain color. I couldn't find any of the cotton thread and asked a
sales person what happened to the cotton thread. She said" They came
and pulled all the C & C cotton thread and all they will be carrying
from now on is C & C Dual Duty Polyester covered polyester in 250 yd
spools and some of the same in larger spools. No more Cotton. So not
only do they discontinue the cotton but replace it with poly in a
smaller spool size and charge you more for the spool. Now I know why
it is called the store we love to hate. When I asked about cotton she
said, "I guess you could use Gutterman". I of course know I could use
Gutterman, but I didn't want to pay that premium for that option. I am
mad at them and am swearing off of Joanns.

John