Old July 3rd 07, 12:08 PM posted to alt.sewing,rec.crafts.textiles.needlework,rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Cheryl Isaak

Default OT: SPAM

On 7/2/07 5:00 PM, in article ,
"Lucille" lzoltynospam@now at comcast..net wrote:

"Joan E." wrote in message
oups.com...

Kathleen wrote:
And my border collies love the smell of oranges being peeled,

My dog, Jasmine, also loves fruit. Well, that and any other thing she
can get in her mouth! LOL! She jumps up and picks plums off our
tree. A couple years ago I heard her barking in the back yard. She
was sitting under our plum tree barking because she could see a plum
*just* out of her reach above the fork of the tree. I can't imagine
what she'll be like this year...our plum tree is *loaded* with plums!
She also picks raspberries from my bushes, and not the green ones,
either. Oh, no, she finds the ripe ones and delicately plucks them
off! I just hope she doesn't find out about the cherries that I got
for the first time this year! They're much lower to the ground than
the plums, since the tree is only 4 years old and 4 feet tall. I
discovered one thing she doesn't like, though and that's rhubarb.

One word of caution, though. Grapes and raisins (and just a few!) can
be toxic to dogs! I just found out about this recently. Here's a
link to Snopes about it:
http://www.snopes.com/critters/crusader/raisins.asp

Joan

A dog with good taste. I don't like rhubarb either.

Lucille

You can send your rhubarb to me. Wonder if any of the local farmers markets
still have some?