Old August 15th 03, 06:30 PM
Bob Masta

On Fri, 15 Aug 2003 16:22:59 +0000 (UTC), chan wrote:

Hi Jake

I was told that the toner is actually real glaze with color and resin to
make it like toner, and transfer to decal with nomal laser printer like
Canon clc900.

Laser toner always has a lot of magnetic iron oxide in it, since
laser printers (and xerographic copiers) use a magnetic method
to distribute the toner on the drum. Toner makers sell "special"
versions for printing the magnetic text on checks, but as far as
I can tell that's mostly a scam... almost any toner would work as
well.

The problem as I see it is that if you want more iron that what
the printer gives, there's no easy way to get it extra-thick.
(I suppose you could try feeding the same sheet through
again, but I have my doubts...!)

Might be fun to run a few experiments.

Bob Masta
dqatechATdaqartaDOTcom