Old March 25th 06, 02:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default Monterrey Medallion parts is parts

Love your colors. The pattern is from a book entitled "Monterrey
Medallion". I made the same quilt top last spring for a wounded
soldier in our area. The colors were red, white and bright blue. The
soldier is a Cubs baseball fan so I used what we in Chicago call
"cubby blue". I used many different fabrics in each color for a very
scappy look. The whites are from pure white to a light gold. It took
much longer to piece than I thought it would because everything is
pieced. There are not large areas of uncut fabric but that is why the
final result is so great. I especially like the effect of the border.
I didn't take a picture because I thought I would do that after it was
quilted. I gave the top to the organization that was to present it to
him. They planned to have the back signed and then a long arm quilter
in the area had volunteered to quilt it. I don't know what the problem
has been but as far as I know it hasn't been given to him yet. I am
very disappointed that no one has followed through. Guess I should
check again and make sure it hasn't been done in the last few weeks.
The soldier is a quadriplegic. The community has built his family a
home so he can be cared for locally. He was in a VA hospital where his
care was neglected. It took intervention from local authorities to
have him moved to a local hospital (the local doctors volunteered to
care for him) so his health could improve enough to move him home.

I didn't mean to get off on a rant or start one either so please go
back to your quilting discussion. When the quilt is presented I will
post a picture.

Susan

On Sat, 25 Mar 2006 03:48:09 GMT, "Batik Freak"
wrote:

Hey y'all have heard me whining about the blocks for this quilt. Here is a
pic of it lined up on the wall at LQS yesterday; it's not been sewn
together.

The object of the game for me was to not repeat any color in either the star
blocks or the outside blocks. in other words, none of those blocks have two
pieces the same color, and none of the blocks are matching any other block.
The downside is that on the outside blocks that are supposed to be a
Jacob's ladder thing, I didn't realize all the 4-patch parts had to be
turned the same way and by the time I figured it out, I was N O TTTTTTTTT
gonna unsew and re-do!! SO THERE!!! LOL.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/lpskee...r=b4cf&.src=ph

It's the one called Monterrey Medallions in this album.

Thanks