Old October 18th 10, 03:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Nelly

Default How to disinfect a yellow gold diamond ring I inherited

"Abrasha" wrote in message
Suzie wrote:

I've even wondered if I am
overreacting to this totally.

You are!

--
Abrasha
http://www.abrasha.com

I don't know if she was, or wasn't - but I for one choose peace of mind.

Last time I bought a pre-owned ring from non-jeweler I ran it through the
dishwasher. For that matter, that's how I regularly clean one ring which has
no good access to the pavilion facets, and doesn't respond well to my
ultrasonic cleaner. Strategically clamped & placed over jet holes (making
sure shank clears the washer arm), voila. Sparkly clean every time. And safe
to eat off too.

I do this probably at least once a week to this ring. The setting is secure,
the stones (diamond in this case) are nothing someone would ever balk at
putting in any other type of cleaner. Opinions?