Old April 5th 09, 07:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
Kris Krieger

Default 'Serious' soldering iron - recommendations please ?

" wrote in news:4ee16e24-d6fc-4a6d-
:

On Feb 5, 8:54*am, Kris Krieger wrote:
Adrian wrote in news:6qsv9tFean3oU1
@mid.individual.net:

Just a thought - copper foil requires much more solder than lead came, so
Kris the Health Noodge just wants to remind you: "Safety First" - be sure

you
have very good ventilation and/or some sort of fume trap, so that the lea

vapor is pulled *away* from you.

Solder doesn't vaporize till around 2000 degrees. The "vapor" you are
talking about is the flux fumes. Still, good advice overall. Good
ventilation is a must.

Ah, OK... OTOH, I'm not sure I want to breathe flux, either =;-)

- Kris