Old February 7th 08, 01:56 AM posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

Default Anybody try new clay Studio by Sculpey?

I started making some beads with it - gets very soft, very fast. My
friend Ellen made some button embellishments out of it. It had a nice
soft finish and seemed to be very flexible. Other reports out on the
'net are saying that a couple weeks after curing, the formerly flexible
pieces snapped in two when bent. Jury is still out.

I hear it doesn't really polish to a shine, but will get a dull sheen.

Barbara

Bead & Polymer Clay Habitué

There is a very fine line between a hobby and mental illness. (Dave Barry)

http://www.penguintrax.com
http://www.backseatgrammarian.com
http://www.polymerclayworkshops.com

Martha wrote:
According to Polyform it's supposed to be very durable and easy to
condition, and superior for large projects as it doesn't crack, etc.. Same
bake time. Bakes to a "suede finish." Comes in very interesting colors.
Just wondering if anybody has tried it. Does it sand/polish well, etc.

Martha