Old January 15th 06, 06:31 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry

Default A necklace I am proud of :)

Peter W.. Rowe, wrote:

Seriously though. I didn't read his post as being any sort of big baby.

Not this one, perhaps. His attack on the newbie was.

I saw
it as explaining the source of his frustration with the current state of affairs
in the market.

I was pointing out to him that he has a choice of how to handle
his frustration.

I must know 30 painters and several sculptors and ceramicists
with the same frustrations. The brash one is the only one who
makes a habit of attacking newbies for the pure _meanness_ of
it. He gave the newbie no reasons except that he didn't like
the piece. That's not an argument, that's an appeal to his own
'authority,' which _I_ certainly don't accept.

Hundreds of fields don't pay well. If one is interested in
getting paid well, one should choose a field that pays well.
The world is the way it is. Some things can be changed.
Attacking newbies out of pure _meanness_ isn't the way to change it.

And, as to his "good" website, have a look at this:
http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=ht...abrasha.com%2F

--
mbstevens
http://www.mbstevens.com/