Old July 8th 05, 10:45 PM
Barbara Hass

Jeannette Marsala wrote:
Just curious, what type of inks do you use? I just recently started
buying some ink pads, and really like the Versamagic, Brilliance, and
Versafine pads. The Versafine really does bring out the detail in the
stamps - I just to always have a problem with blotched spots but not
with that pad. I bought the Opalite reinkers and the squegee, and played
with those some too.

Jeannette

I have VersaColor, Stampin' Up!, Big 'n' Juicy, ColorBox, and one
Impress pad. I have a bunch of different black kinds from a group
project (we needed multiple black pads, DH bought whatever he could find
at the time). I use Topboss for embossing. I also have Staz-on black
for acetate stamping.

I've used the Versafine and love those, just haven't had a great need to
buy one for myself yet.

I primarily have the VersaColor and Stampin' Up! Stampin' Spots, just
because I have a limited budget. The VersaColor squares were $2 apiece,
and the Stampin' Up! ones were less than that, though you need to buy
them in a box of 12. I got lucky, though, because I ordered one color
set through my mom and mentioned I would get other colors later but
couldn't afford them now, and she said that she put me down as a hostess
on her order, so I got two more sets for free! (The order was for me,
mom, MIL, and SIL, so there wasn't a hostess party involved that time).
So that was a sudden influx of 36 colors!!! Both the Versa and the SU
work fine for me, though.

I really like the effects you get with the ColorBox chalk inks.

Barbara