Old May 1st 11, 11:36 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

Default Saving Santa

you are a wonderful person. Now that he's clean and loved, I'm sure
Santa and some stitcher's soul is much happier

Chertl

On 4/30/11 3:44 PM, Donna D. wrote:
I found a beautifully stitched Santa I swear was a Miriblla design but can
not find a picture of it at a church sale. I can not believe someone
stitched and beaded such a beautiful picture only to double side tape it and
use cardboard box for a mat and an ugly frame. I know whoever did the piece
spent plenty on beads and other materials

I know I could never stitch such a thing or if I tried it would have taken
years its is huge. How could something be framed so poorly and end up in a
church sale? I bought it for 2.00.

It almost made me cry that something so wonderfully stitched ended up
framed so bad and discarded. The craftsmanship is remarkable. I am going to
wash it and see what I can do for it. I can not afford to have it framed but
can have it laced and see if Joannes have a frame it might fit.
Some people just don't understand what it takes to make a project and it
must have been a gift for someone. I don't know what I am going to do with
it but what I do know is Santa needs saved.
Donna