Old January 23rd 04, 01:01 AM
nulllo

Hans Paijmans wrote in message ...
Beverley Robinson wrote:
Hello,
I am about to purchase a kiln and have some queries regarding the
fumes/vapours given off during the firing process by the metal oxides in the
glass, glass stainers colours, silver stains and enamels and other processes
of firing etc.

Don't worry. I have seen a number of glass shops and they never bother
with ventilation unless they are commercial (and therefore subject to
the rather strict dutch laws.

Paai

PAAI, you give BAD advice.
If Ms. Robinson.. here is going to be striking color or annealing
metallics, she needs ventilation. The dust given off from the
degredation of the kiln is cause for ventilation enough.
There are so many reasons, i can't list.
Be safe!