Old November 20th 04, 11:16 AM
Shirley Shone

You could also say I have brung you this , it could mean both. A local
slang word. LOL
Also the words quite and quiet. They get mixed up.
Shirley

In message , E J Ralph
writes

Ah - now that one I didn't know. Less - fewer.

So am I understanding right that you can say "I have 3 beads less than
you" but if you dont know how many beads it would be "I have fewer
beads than you" but never "I have 3 beads fewer than you? or "I have
less beads than you?"

I never knew that one, but it does sort of make sense. Sometimes the
things that are wrong just sound wrong. One that bugs me here,
especially in the South East of England where I live is people mixing
up the words "Brought" and "Bought" - it is amazing how many times I
hear that around here.

Emma

On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 20:15:29 -0500, Kathy N-V
wrote:
. Another one is the difference between "less"
and "fewer." I want to jump up and down and scream when I see the
"10 items of less" lines at the supermarket. If you don't know how
much, the answer is fewer.

Annoyingly,

Kathy N-V

--